- Attented grade school at White Cloud, in the Gunter community and competed the nineth grade at Heflin Jr. High School in Clay County, Alabama.
- Helped his father make whiskey and was arrested by the Federal Officer Tom Sellers. The arrest occured on Dec 13, 1936. (Was put on probation)
- Served in the Civilian Conservation Corps: Alturs, Califorina – 18 months; Ashland, Alabama – 3 months; Ronake, Alabama – 3 months.
- Served in the US Army during WWII – Enducted at Ft. McClellan, Alabama; tested at Ft. Benning, Georgia; Ft Manoth New Jersey, for swithcoard operation and maintenance, 3 months; Merdian, Miss, 49th Signal Co.; Harding Field, La, Chief Switchboard operator- acting drill sgt, trained new operators; Ft Dix, NJ for overseas processing; Egypt; Chernoly, Italy 2 yrs, Supply Sgt; Naples, Italy for processing home; discharged at Ft Benning, Ga.
- Worked for and was trained as a welder by W P Liles in Talladega, Al.
- Worked for the Talladega County Road Dept as a welder until age 62.
- After retirement from the road dept, was a rural mail carrier until age 75.
- Was an avid quail hunter.
- Lived eight miles out of Talladega on the Ashland highway until he moved to 204 and 206 Parkway, Bemiston, Al.
- Had the first of a series of heart attacked beginning in Sept 2001 – the 1st anniversary of his wife's death.
Uncle Pat – 2002